This workshop is now full.
It’s been an interesting year so far to say the least! I hope you are all safe and well as we move into the last term of 2020.
We are now able run our popular Parenting with Choice Theory – Being the Parent You Want to Be program again this term. We have restricted numbers to 12 to ensure sufficient social distancing. These places will fill up quickly, so register early if you are interested. Unfortunately, there will need to be a two-week gap between sessions one and two of the four week program, but this shouldn’t be a problem for us because of the way I have structured the content.
Over the last few years, many families have completed the workshops and their feedback has been invariably positive and enthusiastic (with some even attending the program a second time as a refresher). I have based the program on William Glasser’s Choice Theory psychology (which is the psychological base which we, as a Glasser Quality School, operate from). It is a four-week program at no charge for parents. A comprehensive workbook is part of the program.
Some of the topics covered include:
- recent discoveries in neuroscience and their implications for our parenting
- an introduction to Dr William Glasser’s Choice Theory psychology
- raising happy, resilient and healthy children – preparing them for the world ahead
- building and maintaining our relationship with even the most difficult child
- navigating the difficult times calmly and in control
- adjusting our parenting as our children mature
- being the parent you want to be
Feedback from participating parents:
‘Thanks so much Gerard, it has given me some real tools that I could use straight away, that are making a big difference for me and the whole family.’
‘Fascinating and incredibly useful in all of my relationships’
‘The whole program is brilliant. I truly hope all parents get to participate, I thank you for bringing it to us.’
- When: Friday mornings (Oct 30, Nov 20 & 27, Dec 4) from 9.30 a.m. - 11.30 a.m. The program is eight hours, spread across four sessions. Note the two week break between sessions 1 and 2.
- Where: Common Room. I will meet participants at the school office the first week and we can walk to the Common Room together.
- Cost: Free to all our Peregian Springs State School families.
- Registration: Please follow link to register (maximum 12 participants). Book Here
- COVID-19: Please do not attend if you are at all unwell. You will be required to complete a COVID-19 safe declaration when signing in at our office.
Looking forward to seeing you there