We continue to take advice from Queensland Health in relation to novel coronavirus COVID-19. The latest information is available on the Queensland Health website at www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
- Parents are encouraged to develop a quick 'goodbye' ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or an air high five.
- Remember the golden rule 'Keep things quick and simple!' You will be comforted to know that a quick and seamless goodbye is always best, and we know it increases the speed in which students settle happily into their class and into learning
- Foster independence by dropping your child at the gate, in the green zone or somewhere else outside the school and watch them walk into school independently.
- Time their arrival between 8.15 a.m. and 8.45 a.m.
- On arrival students are asked to place their bags on the bag rack and then play with their peers in their play areas.
- At bell time students are to go to their own classrooms where their class teacher will be waiting for them ready to engage in learning.
After School Routines:
Starting from Thursday 04 June we will be relaxing restrictions on parent access to the school grounds in the afternoon only.
If you wish, you may spread out by waiting for your children down the Central Covered Walkway, on the grass outside Prep or on the grassy hill alongside the oval. The gates will be unlocked at 2.55 p.m. enabling you to spread out. If you can avoid this by continuing to meet your children in the car park somewhere, then please do. I do thank all those parents who have arranged meeting spots for their children well away from the school – please continue to do this, if you wish.
The parameters around this relaxation will be
- continue social distancing – that is stay 1.5m away from other parents,
- stay out of classrooms and other learning areas and communicate with teachers by email or phone,
- remain in the Central Covered Walkway and stay off the pathways to classrooms
- avoid congregating in groups of more than one. Groups of parents will be asked to leave school grounds and continuing their congregating elsewhere
- leave the school grounds as soon as you can. Please do not hang around to catch up with your friends
Staff members will avoid the Central Covered Walkway, the grass outside Prep and other areas where parents and carers are standing in order to mitigate their own risk of infection. This is a government requirement.
Please note the routines for the morning will remain unchanged and we will not be considering relaxing this for some time.
Most importantly, remain positive with your child about being at school and contact either their class teacher or their Lead Administrator should you have any questions or concerns.
Other measures to make note of:
- Please do not congregate with other adults in the school or the car park.
- Please communicate with your child's teacher by telephone or email. There will be no face to face parent meetings for a while.
- Classroom access is restricted to students and staff only.
- If you are keeping your child at home, notify the school of this via: absence line 5351 2266, email email@example.com or website https://peregianspringsss.eq.edu.au
Tuckshop will be open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Online orders only
- No cash
- No over the counter orders
Uniform Shop is open. Please book a 15 minute appointment.
Payments. Please make all payments online rather than through the office