From Monday 25 May 2020, students in all year
levels will return to their state schools, including special schools. Find out
We continue to take advice from Queensland Health in relation to novel coronavirus COVID-19. The latest information is available on the Queensland Health website at www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
Students in Years 2 – 10 will return to school from Monday 25 May. Read more: - https://bit.ly/2Wgw3Pf
- Parents are encouraged to develop a quick 'goodbye' ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or an air high five (refer to the visual below for some more great ideas).
- Remember the golden rule 'Keep things quick and simple!' You will be comforted to know that a quick and seamless goodbye is always best, and we know it increases the speed in which students settle happily into their class and into learning
- Foster independence by dropping your child at the gate, in the green zone or somewhere else outside the school and watch them walk into school independently.
- Time their arrival between 8.15 a.m. and 8.45 a.m.
- On arrival students are asked to place their bags on the bag rack and then play with their peers in their play areas.
- At bell time students are to go to their own classrooms where their class teacher will be waiting for them ready to engage in learning.
After School Routines:
Dismissal time remains 3.00 p.m. and is not staggered. Please ensure that you pre-arrange a pickup point outside the school gates for your child and encourage them to meet you there. Eg. Green Zone Pick Up, Rec Club, Coles carpark
Other measures to make note of:
- Please do not congregate with other adults in the school or the car park.
- Please communicate with your child's teacher by telephone or email. There will be no face to face parent meetings for a while.
- Classroom access is restricted to students and staff only.
- If you are keeping your child at home, notify the school of this via: absence line 5351 2266, email email@example.com or website https://peregianspringsss.eq.edu.au
Tuckshop will be open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Online orders only
- No cash
- No over the counter orders
Uniform Shop is open. Please book a 15 minute appointment.
Payments. Please make all payments online rather than through the office