Throughout the year, the Queensland Arts Council and other providers such as Brainstorm, RAWART and Nexus provides performances for the students. Information about performances and workshops is distributed in the newsletter.
Payment for these performances is included in your Student Resourse Scheme Payment (SRS - $100)
Other Variations to School Routine such as excursions, camps and outdoor education experiences are organised by teachers in line with the units of worked planned for the term. Costs are kept to a minimum and parents are charged only according to transport, venue hire or entry and activity and catering costs. The school does not make money from these events. In many cases Variations to School Routine are subsidised by our annual school grant.
Participating students will be asked to return a completed online permission note and (in most cases) a Medical Information - (only if your child's details have changed) - Form before being allowed to participate.
Parents having difficulty with payment may make an appointment to discuss this with the Principal.
Our Camp and Outdoor Education Policy and Program assists students to further develop interpersonal and physical skills through an integrated program in the outdoor environment. The aims and objectives of such a program are:
- to encourage development of problem-solving and leadership skills;
- to investigate different learning environments through participation in environmental experiences;
- to involve students in situations aimed at developing greater interpersonal skills and understandings;
- to involve students in situations that are challenging and that develop physical capabilities;
- to stimulate interest in and appreciation of other learning environments;
- to extend students’ experience, develop self-reliance and responsibility through expedition work and activities of a more demanding nature than normally encountered;
- to train students in larger group work, problem solving and teamwork.