Lost property - Name All Belongings Please! All articles of lost property are kept in a lost property container outside the office.
- In order to minimise health risks, lost property is sorted on a weekly basis.
- All Named items will be returned to the owner. Parents are asked to ensure they have written a child’s whole name and not just initials or a first name
- Non-uniform items will be donated to charity
- Uniform items (hats, jumpers and jackets) are washed and kept for emergency clothing or given to the Uniform Shop for second hand supplies
- Non-Uniform Blue jumpers are washed and held in the Uniform Shop for one term before being sold second hand. Parents can go to the Uniform Shop in opening times to identify lost clothing.
- Lunch boxes and drink bottles will be thrown away
How you can prevent losing items children bring to school
- Please name everything your child brings to school.
- Make sure your child’s hat can be readily identified by including a coloured patch, ribbon, name in colourful fabric paint – anything you can think of to make it stand out plus their full name on the inside.
- Continuously impress upon your child the need to put items they take off in their bags.
Student owned phones must be handed in before the school day to the Administration Office. Collection is the responsibility of the student. Full details of this policy can be collected from the school office.
Extreme care must be taken of valuable items brought to school by students. We strongly recommend valuable or sentimental personal items not required for learning be left at home as the school cannot be responsible for such items during the day. Money for school activities is to be handed in on arrival at school. Money for the Tuckshop is to be kept in the zipped pocket or student’s uniforms.