We continue to take advice from Queensland Health in relation to novel
coronavirus COVID-19. The latest information is available on the Queensland Health website at www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
- Parents are encouraged to develop a quick 'goodbye' ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or an air high five (refer to the visual below for some more great ideas).
- Remember the golden rule 'Keep things quick and simple!' You will be comforted to know that a quick and seamless goodbye is always best, and we know it increases the speed in which students settle happily into their class and into learning
- Foster independence by dropping your child at the gate, in the green zone or somewhere else outside the school and watch them walk into school independently.
- Time their arrival between 8.15 a.m. and 8.45 a.m.
- On arrival students are asked to place their bags on the bag rack and then play with their peers in their play areas.
- At bell time students are to go to their own classrooms where their class teacher will be waiting for them ready to engage in learning.
After School Routines:
Dismissal time remains 3.00 p.m. and is not staggered. Please ensure that you pre-arrange a pickup point outside the school gates for your child and encourage them to meet you there. Eg. Green Zone Pick Up, Rec Club, Coles carpark
Other measures to make note of:
- Please do not congregate with other adults in the school or the car park.
- Please communicate with your child's teacher by telephone or email. There will be no face to face parent meetings for a while.
- Classroom access is restricted to students and staff only.
- If you are keeping your child at home, notify the school of this via: absence line 5351 2266, email email@example.com or website https://peregianspringsss.eq.edu.au
Tuckshop will be open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Online orders only
- No cash
- No over the counter orders
Uniform Shop is open. Please book a 15 minute appointment.
Payments. Please make all payments online rather than through the office
Learning at Home
Access our own PSSS Online Learning Packages here.
Parent Support and information here.
Online Cyber Safety courses for parents at PSSS
Parents at Peregian Springs SS have access to cyber safety resources developed by Brett Lee of Internet Safe Education. Brett visits our school annually, providing parent and student workshops focused on being safe when online. These presentations have been highly regarded.
We hope you enjoy these videos, fact sheets and useful links. There are courses suited to parents of lower and upper primary aged students as well as parents of high school students.
Go to https://learn.internetsafetraining.com/
Enter passcode: perignspsts
ICT Forms - All students to complete before using devices in the classroom
Due to the risk of community transmission of COVID-19, the School Dental Service is closed until further notice.
Students will only be able to access urgent care for emergency or toothache situations.
If you have any urgent oral health enquiries, please contact the Oral Health Call Centre on Ph: 1300 300 850.
We currently cannot allow volunteers on site.
There are many opportunities to help out in school as a Parent/Carer volunteer:
Please carefully read the linked documents and complete the attached form before starting your volunteer work with us.
Please note that volunteers other than Parents/Primary carers (i.e. grandparents, siblings, other community members) require a Blue Card, which must be carried whilst volunteering on school grounds.
Volunteer Form and Docs
Thank you for your support of our school. We greatly appreciate your time to assist our school community.
Please pay online. See below:
No late payments can be accepted after the advertised payment due
You will receive an emailed invoice when your child is invited to attend an excursion, event or other paid activity at school
- BPOINT is now the preferred payment method for all student invoices at Queensland State Schools . BPOINT is a secure online payment portal supported by the Commonwealth Bank which enables parents and caregivers to pay the school via credit card or debit card. This is a really easy method, with a direct link found at the bottom of your emailed invoice.
- All invoice details will automatically import if you use the link from the invoice.
(Call our office for details. We can assist you to easily sign up for a QParents
account. All of your child's invoices and school reports will be stored
here. You can also report absences using your QParents account)
- BPOINT.com This link can also be found via your QParents account.
- Phone payment using credit/debit card via BPOINT 1300 631 073. Please quote
- CRN and invoice number from the BPOINT box on the left of your invoice
- Centrepay - please come into the office to complete an application
- Direct Deposit payments can be made into:
Peregian Springs State School General Account
Account BSB : 064-212
Please state child’s LAST NAME and Given name, Excursion/Camp name, as reference.
Email copy of payment transfer to our Business Manager BSM@peregianspringsss.eq.edu.au
Student Resource Scheme 2020
Each year parents are asked to provide resources for their child/children in two ways.
1. The Book List and
2. The Student Resource Scheme.
This year the Student Resource Scheme is $120.00 per child prior to the commencement of the school year or upon enrolment. (Please see our Payment Options or contact our office on 5351 2222)
Please print, sign and return the attached Participation Agreement form ASAP indicating Yes or No. Copies of this form are available from our office.
Full details of the Student Resource Scheme, including the Terms and Conditions can be found on our website.