Each year parents are asked to provide resources for their children in two ways -
The Book List,
The Student Resource Scheme. (SRS)
#1 Booklists 2020
It is each parent's responsibility to provide the necessary materials and resources for your child's education. Class teachers carefully select the brands on the booklists specifically for their durability and sustainability for the students’ work requirements. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
These lists contain the required materials selected by the school staff for the 2020 school year.
- Parents can opt to purchase the entire pack or just select individual items.
- This system supports Peregian Springs State School P&C as a percentage of the sales is returned to the school community.
- Booklist items can be procured from any stationer, or from our preferred supplier for 2020 - Kookaburra
- Please login @ www.kookaburra.com.au – click ' order a student pack ' (top left of screen) and please use the below :
- Username: PEREG003 (The first 5 characters are letters and the last 3 characters are numbers)
- Password: Student9 (Please note: this password is case sensitive. The first 8 characters are letters and the last character is a number).
The school’s preferred option is the online orders.
#2 Student Resource Scheme 2020 (SRS)
Our Student Resource Scheme will operate again during 2020 offering parents who elect to participate in the scheme, an economical alternative to the purchase of learning resources for their child throughout the school year.
The scheme is supported by the Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) and managed by the school and operates within the policy and guidelines of the Department of Education (DoE) and in accordance with section 51 of the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006. DoE encourages schools to operate a scheme as a service to parents.
- This year the Student Resource Scheme is $120.00 per child prior to the commencement of the school year or upon enrolment. (Please see Payment Options or contact our office 5351 2222 for details of other payment options)
- Please print, sign and return the Participation Agreement form ASAP indicating Yes or No. Copies of this form are available from our office.
- Full details including Terms and Conditions SRS 2020 PEREGIAN SPRINGS SS.pdf
Participation in the scheme is voluntary and those parents/carers who join the scheme pay a fee in return for their child's access to materials and resources managed by the scheme. Parents/carers who do not wish to participate in the scheme are responsible for providing their child with all the items that would otherwise be provided to the student by the scheme as detailed in the Year Level Requirements List.
Under the scheme, books and resource materials are purchased in advance to secure discounts through bulk buying and to ensure students have the resources to start the year/term.
The P&C discusses and approves the Student Resource Scheme at the P&C meeting in September of each year.
The provision of this scheme ensures that well resourced learning by our students remains our key focus. The ongoing provision of high quality resources to ensure student outcomes are maximised is an annual budgeting challenge. This scheme creates an opportunity for every family to support the learning of their children in the most economical fashion.
I look forward to your support to ensure every student starts Day One in 2020 prepared and resourced for the academic challenges of the new year.