Enrolment for Prep 2021 opens on Monday 11 May 2020!
There is no requirement to have an enrolment application completed to attend one of our valuable information sessions. Everyone is welcome to attend.
N.B. Protocols around social distancing will apply. To be advised.
Additional Prep Year Information
Additional information about the Prep Year is available here
1. Catchment area
If you live outside the catchment, contact the school office for more information. You can apply for exemption by writing to the Principal or by completing an enrolment-catchment-exemption.
PDF 254.67 KB
N.B. No out of catchment applications will be considered before November 2020.
2. When can my child start school?
Enter your child’s birthday into the calculator and it will reveal what year your child can start (Works only for Prep and Year 1)
3. Book a school Tour and complete the enrolment documentation in full - including all required additional documentation.
- School tours, where you will have the opportunity to ask general questions, are every Thursday at 9.00 a.m. by appointment. Call 07 5351 2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book. If you are unable to attend a school tour due to your current location or other circumstances, please contact our office. (If you already have a child attending Peregian Springs State School, there is no requirement to attend a tour)
- Enrolment Documentation available from our office or the links below. Please note that enrolment forms cannot be accepted unless all relevant paperwork and documents i.e. proof of residency and proof of birth etc. are presented.
- Please ensure you complete this set of forms in full including emergency contact details, health issues, family issues, etc.
- N.B. We need to sight an original document of proof of birth - We do not retain a copy of this.
Additional forms include:
4. Enrolment Meeting
All Prep students and parents are required to attend an informal enrolment meeting. We like to welcome new families personally and share information about our school. This is also a useful time for parents to share information about their children, which will assist us to meet their needs.
- Appointments are available once all enrolment documentation has been received and you have attended a school tour.
- If your child has been given a Transition Statement by their current childcare provider / kindergarten, please bring it in to the office or scan and email it to: email@example.com
5. Uniform Shop Fitting
- You will receive an invitation to book a fitting appointment once you have completed all of the enrolment documentation and have attended a school tour.
6. Pre-Prep Playgroup opportunities
We offer this valuable opportunity to all Pre-Prep students. These sessions are run by our Prep teachers in the Prep classrooms. An adult is required to attend the session with their child, and we request that no siblings attend those sessions. This time offers a vital opportunity for your child to see themselves as a learner within our school. Each child may attend one playgroup session. Places are limited. Get in fast!
- You will receive an invitation to book a place once you have completed all of the enrolment documentation and have attended a school tour.
7. Attend our Information Sessions!
If your child is in one of our surrounding kindergartens, keep any eye out for Peregian Springs State School staff paying a visit. We take the time to head into kindergartens and make our faces familiar, as well as provide opportunities for children to engage with our teachers to ask questions about school transitions and share stories on what school is all about. These visits also provide an opportunity for our staff to talk with Kindergarten teachers to ensure that your child's social / emotional and learning needs are met as they transition to school.
Booklists and Student Resource Scheme 2021
Details available later in 2020