Under the Queensland Chief Health Officer Directive, any student who is unwell must not attend school and students should remain at home until well. The school must ask parents/carers to collect their child from school if they are unwell.
At Peregian Springs State School we continue to:
* encourage and promote regular hand washing or use of sanitizer
* conduct increased cleaning of classrooms, particularly high frequency touch points including water fountains or bubblers.
It is essential we all work together at this time for the welfare of our whole community.
Parents entering school grounds before and after school
The parameters around this are:
- continue social distancing – that is stay 1.5m away from other parents,
- avoid congregating in groups
- leave the school grounds as soon as you can. Please do not hang around to catch up with your friends
- Classroom access is restricted - 6 adults only in a classroom - please check at the window before entering
- when possible, email your class teacher for an appointment if you need to meet with them. Communicate with your child’s teacher by telephone or email where possible.
Entering school grounds between 9.00 a.m. and 2.50 p.m. you are required to sign in at the Office.
Other measures to make note of - Please
- Keep your child home if they are sick – even with just a sniffly nose.
Most importantly, remain positive with your child about being at school and contact either their class teacher or their Lead Administrator should you have any questions or concerns.
Your support and understanding is appreciated.