- Under the Queensland Chief Health Officer Directive, any student who is unwell must not attend school and students should remain at home until well. The school must ask parents/carers to collect their child from school if they are unwell.
Information about the status of
schooling for Term 2: Staff and students will return to work on Monday 19 April unless
health advice determines otherwise. As always, decisions about the operation of
kindergarten and schools will be guided by health advice and informed by the
status of Queensland’s response to COVID-19 situation at the time.
At Peregian Springs State School we continue to:
* encourage and promote regular hand washing or use of sanitizer
* conduct increased cleaning of classrooms, particularly high frequency touch points including water fountains or bubblers.
It is essential we all work together at this time for the welfare of our whole community.
Parents entering school grounds before and after school
Current 31 March 2021 - end of Term 1 2021:
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide you with further updates should the health information change.
Parents who have been in the Greater Brisbane area since March 20, are not permitted on school sites and should comply with Queensland Heath Directions in relation to Greater Brisbane Lockdowns.
For assistance in languages other than English, please refer to the National Translating and Interpreting Service, and the Translated Australian COVID-19 information and resources.
Generally, for access to school grounds by parents - The parameters around this are:
DO NOT ENTER SCHOOL GROUNDS IF YOU HAVE VISITED A PUBLISHED COVID-19 CONTACT HOTSPOT OR ARE UNWELL.
Please regularly monitor the Queensland Health website for affected locations. If you or your family have been to any of the listed locations you should refer to the online self-assessment, get tested, isolate immediately and contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) if you have any questions.
- continue social distancing – that is stay 1.5m away from other parents and staff, and wear a mask if you find yourself in a situation where social distancing is not possible.
- avoid congregating in groups
- leave the school grounds as soon as you can. Please do not hang around to catch up with your friends
- classroom access is restricted - 6 adults only in a classroom - please check at the window before entering
- when possible, email your class teacher for an appointment if you need to meet with them. Communicate with your child’s teacher by telephone or email where possible.
Entering school grounds between 9.00 a.m. and 2.50 p.m. you are required to sign in at the Office.
Other measures to make note of - Please
- Keep your child home if they are sick – even with just a sniffly nose.
Most importantly, remain positive with your child about being at school and contact either their class teacher or their Lead Administrator should you have any questions or concerns.
Your support and understanding is appreciated.